Roller skating is one of the best fitness activities you can do! It helps reduce body fat, it burns calories, and it builds leg strength. The American Heart Association even recommends this aerobic sport to benefit the heart!
Make it Fun
You know regular exercise is important to keep your body healthy, but finding an exercise you love is key. Making fitness fun means you’ll stick with it. And what could be more fun than roller skating?
At Skate World in Tallahassee, you can skate to great music in a safe environment. It’s the perfect place to come have fun while getting in shape!
Benefits of Roller Skating
- Roller skating is not a high impact exercise, which means it’s easy on the joints. The fluid motion makes it a joint-friendly exercise, so it’s perfect for every member of the family, even those who have joint problems.
- When you roller skate, you burn a lot of calories! You can burn as much as 9 or 10 calories per minute, depending upon your weight (and how intense your skating session is!).
- Roller skating is actually a cross training exercise, which means you work your total body as well as burn calories. It strengthens the legs, arms and core.
- Skating can put you in a good mood, too. The fun music, spectacular lighting and social aspects all come together to make you happy!
- Roller skating will also improve your balance and coordination. As you skate, you have to engage your core. This keeps you upright, improving your balance. Your coordination improves because you have to work your arms and legs together to keep yourself upright.
Head to Skate World today and get fit!